Monday, January 17, 2011

Martin Luther King/ Human Rights Day

Photobucket
The scouts, including my son Bradley, placed flags out early this morning and then took them down at dusk.  Some of the beautiful pink light caught my attention while I was in the kitchen and I ran out into the middle of the street to photograph the sunset and the sidewalk and the street.  I had to get down in the nitty gritty to make the sidewalk look as beautiful as the sky.
Photobucket
I am so blessed, lucky, that I get to revel in freedom here in the US of A.  Just two days ago I was telling Whitney and Shannon how during part of the 20th century women were not allowed to vote.  We had to be rogue to follow nontraditional careers.  Its awesome the opportunities we have now.  This is especially apparent to me after I read,  Wild Swans by Jung Change.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment