Monday, January 24, 2011

Sour Cream Enchiladas

Photobucket
While Julie P. and I were waiting for the ward choir to arrive for an early morning warm-up I mentioned I smelled of etude parfum "browning brisket." Julie said hers was "sour cream enchiladas."  One thing lead to another and Julie revealed her recipe source, http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/01/sour-cream-enchiladas/ Check it out for a step-by-step how to and nifty recipe printing.  The site is full of beautiful photos and Ree, the blogger, is a hoot!
Photobucket
This recipe calls for cilantro.  I love this herb. Two of my six kiddies hate it.  Majority rules.  I've got a great south window for wintering over this cilantro plant I dug up from the garden last Fall.  Try starting basil from seed in doors for those gourmet recipes of yours. Beware of cheap potting soil--it doesn't absorb water very well.  I know. I tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment