Monday, October 28, 2013

Study in Yellow

Shasta Daisy

Nasturtium
I added the above two specimens to my Study in Yellow.


Come the happy light hour about 6pm I headed outside to photograph Paul's cottonwoods. The one good thing I can say about cottonwoods is that they are a beautiful yellow in autumn; otherwise, they are a trash tree. One yellow leaf lead to another and I decided I would collect photos of all the yellowish foliage in my yard. It was surprising how many plants were gilded by one of my favorite colors.
Paul's Cottonwoods

Apricot Tree

Close up of Apricot leaves

Golden Maple

Helianthus & Hornet

Gable Oak

Day Lily Foliage

Flowering Pear

Aspen

Aspen

Virginia Creeper Weed

Tom's eyes(not foliage) and Dried Corn Husks

Chrysanthemums 

Paper Birch

Yellow Roses

Golden Euonymus

Rosehip Sepals

Spirea

Withering Prairie Mallow "Watermelon"

Pumpkins

After beginning to write this post I realized I'd forgotten the east side of the house and the wisteria on the back patio; so, here's some more yellow studies.
Wisteria

Oriental Lily

Euchinacea or Purple Coneflower

Peony

Comfrey

Hosta
Today a cold front is moving in and the autumn display is getting blown all over the street. It was beautiful while it lasted.



No comments:

Post a Comment